Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Gone To The Dogs........


My younger sister is in college in Pennsylvania. She came home for the holidays with her very best friend, Belle. Belle is a 7 month, 70 lb Labrador retriever. She possesses the enthusiasm of a pup yet the size of a small, fuel efficient motor vehicle. In regards to her being a hunting dog, the only thing Belle hunts for is LOVE. She is affectionate and very well behaved. She doesn't understand that there is a weight limit on most laps and tries to oust the 5 lb Yorkie. The Yorkie will NOT BE DENIED. Belle loves to romp in the snow and can endure the cold for hours.

I must admit we did some spoiling of her while she was home. She'd come in from the cold and we had to give her treats, the healthy, nourishing kind.We also got her some special Christmas gifts, the new bed, the new collar, the huge bones she devoured, bowls, and some new dog food.


I think my mother thinks Belle is the grandchild she's been hinting around about. My sister and Belle left on Sunday and drove 9 hours straight back to Steeler country. It's too bad. We don't know who we miss more, my sister or Belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment