Thursday, December 24, 2009

in a winter terrorland

Merry (early) Christmas everyone. Today is Christmas Eve. And worst case scenario I'm stuck in a ditch on the side of I-39.

That's right, on this All Merry's Eve we are headed to the Land of the North, the Land of my Forefathers, the Land of the Frozen Tundra... Okay, okay, you get the idea. We're going to Wisconsin-- Green Bay to be exact-- to spend the holidays with my father's side of the family.

My father is the designated holiday driver. The man has no fear... He sees the ice, the snowy rain, the slick roads as a challenge to GO FASTER. So therein lies the very real possibility of us being stuck in a ditch. No worries though-- Webmaster Dan has already promised he'd steal his father's truck (it has a plow on the front) and come dig us out.

In preparation for the harrowing ride and eventual snow-in, I planned ahead.

I got several of these:

And a couple of these to start the dig out process while we wait for Webmaster Dan.

I already had a couple of these:
And several gallons of this stuff:
You know how this winter weather goes... I'd recommend stocking up now.

Not everyone is lucky enough to be gallivanting all over frozen Wisconsin with a madman at the wheel (just kidding!), but everyone can be safe on their travels and in their homes this holiday season.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment