Saturday, October 17, 2009

my heritage...

According to wikipedia, which, as you may know, anyone can edit thus is always accurate (cue eye roll) heritage is "something which is inherited from one's ancestors."

As my parents are all too ready to remind me of, I inherited football from my ancestors. More specifically-- I inherited the Green Bay Packers.

How does one inherit football? you might be asking... Well first, my mother is from Milwaukee and my father is from Green Bay. And secondly, it's not the football itself... It is more a maniacal obsession that manifests itself starting in the fall of the year and continues until January.

Honestly... I think I was adopted.

The sight of green and gold does nothing to me other than perhaps cause slight terror and fear. Terror because, gosh, I can think of countless other ways I'd rather be spending my Sunday afternoons or evenings other than glued to a tv set or (even worse-- when the game isn't being shown in Central IL) listening to a scratchy A.M. radio station broadcast the game. Fear because one of these day's my father is going to get so worked up during the game my mother is going to have to use that travel defibrillator she rents during football season.

Anyways, that was kind of a fun rant about my lost childhood, but I have to bring this back around to some merchandise!

Gorgeous! Warm! Stylish jackets emblazoned with the emblem and colors of the mighty Green Bay Packers! Can be yours today for $69.99. Really.

And just in case you thought I had completely turned my back against my "heritage"-- I'm the one on the left:
And the magnificent vista behind my big brother, Gerard, my sister, Claire, and me? Lambeau Field, BABY! and if my mother asks, the beer was keeping us warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment