Monday, February 1, 2010

Presidents Day....

It just so happens that old Honest Abe and I share a very important day in common.
He and I were born on the same day several years apart.

(It's hotly contested what effect the snuggie had in the norths victory at Antietam)

It is a bewitchingly special day for lots of reasons: 1. we get to eat cake....My mother makes the best carrot cake with cream cheese frosting...and my favorite supper, leg of lamb, Brussels sprouts and smashed potatoes...The other reason it's so beguiling is I always had the day off from school growing up. Now that I am older and wiser the date causes a lot of sizzle in the world of retail.

This year we are sending out 30,000 direct mailers to our customers outlining our weekend specials. We have appliances, furniture, cabinets, exercise equipment, flooring, etc., etc., etc. Like Abe Lincoln we try to treat all people with respect and dignity, giving all of you the BEST DEAL. You never can tell.... You might come in and get a piece of birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment