Thursday, February 25, 2010

kitchen cabinet facelifts for less

My man friend (he turned 30 this month... boy he ain't) and I have been working on fixing up his house. He's lived there for a few years and while he's very bright about a lot of things, home improvement is not an area of strength for him.

The first room we're going to tackle is the kitchen. First up are the cabinets which aren't BAD, but they were a little dingy.  I gave them a hearty scrub and they already look much better.  Next up is an inexpensive facelift in the form of new knobs or cabinet pulls.  


The old ones were terrifyingly oldfashioned :


Good thing there is such a wide selection in our hardware department. There are brass, pewter and chrome pulls and knobs. The styles vary from being very traditional to FUNKY.

When I first started working on the kitchen I went to all the big home repair/remodel stores to get some inspiration.  I couldn't BELIEVE how expensive cabinet hardware was.  $4 for a single knob!  I have 27 drawers and cabinets that need new hardware so it really adds up.  Luckily at UFS we have a wide variety at affordable prices.  



I'm installing the new pulls next week.  Stay tuned for the exciting reveal!

No comments:

Post a Comment